Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Last Honest Man?


A surprised audience member learns she'll be Snow's replacement


Considering his ongoing medical problems, it is not a great surprise that Tony Snow will be giving up his position as White House spokesman. The reason why may be a surprise, however.
White House press secretary Tony Snow said Friday he'll leave before the end of the Bush presidency because he needs to make more money.

"I'm going to stay as long as I can," he said without elaborating on a departure date. "I will not be able to make it to the end of this administration, just financially," Snow said.
I suppose I can give Tony (of whom I am no fan) props for being honest; at least he didn't pull out the old canard of spending more time with family. However...

The 52-year-old Snow, the father of three children, earns $168,000 as an assistant to the president but made considerably more as a conservative pundit and syndicated talk-show host on Fox News Radio.
Cancer is an expensive sickness to have, no doubt. But, as a Federal employee, wouldn't Tony have better healthcare coverage than most Americans? Is his illness really proving to be so financially draining? Is he perhaps trying to sock away some money for his kids, should all not go well? Questions, all I have are questions....

0 Comments: